Thursday 21 November 2019

London Adventures!



Going solo is a great big adventure! London was perfect for my solo adventure! I had 2.5 days in London, and it was amazing, even with the incessant rain! So, what would one, all by themselves do in London, you ask? You can do anything!! There are so many things to do, so many sights to see, so many experiences awaiting you! Always do your research and plan your activities well. It does pay because you would not want to waste a single moment! My interests were guided sightseeing, walking around and soaking in the atmosphere and theatre.

My research led me to TKTS the evening I reached London. It’s a ticketing counter where you get tickets at a discounted price for shows that run - the present day, the next day and the day after. Its pretty neat! I purchased a ticket for the next day, for the Show-of-the-Week, a comedy, for 30 pounds and I got a seat right in front of the stage!! I had the best time in London at Criterion Theatre.

TKTS at Leicester Square

Criterion Theatre

I took some time figuring out the subway, and Google maps really helped me. Navigating to the station was a challenge for me but once I got there, it was real easy to buy a ticket, change trains and take the correct exit!

Walking tours proved to be ideal to me. I get the guidance I look for to get to places and learn the importance of the sights I visit. It also puts me in a group doing an activity, so you don’t feel awkward and obligated to get along with the group you walk with. I did a walking tour in the morning and it was refreshing. We started at Westminster train station and covered some of the main sights; the Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Royal Park and ended at Trafalgar Square. What I wanted to explore more of was the Royal Park! It looked very pleasant and interesting and I wish I had more time to explore it.

Westminister Abbey

Buckingham Palace
Ghost Bus Tour!! Sounds spooky? It was spooky comedy! It was hilarious and I loved every minute! It covers the haunted history of the London’s best and famous landmarks, with a funny twist. The Bus is on-spot!



I booked a day tour that took me around St. Paul’s Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, the must-do River Thames boat ride, Greenwich and the London Eye. The Cathedral was huge and beautiful. I enjoyed the Tower of London experience. Watching the Tower Bridge go by while on a boat is a must do for me! Greenwich was picturesque. London eye was the perfect end to this tour!

St.Paul's cathedral

Tower Bridge of London



No comments:

Post a Comment